Monday, June 13, 2011

How enable or disable the automatic login for Lotus Notes Sametime Messenger 8.5

I finally figured out how to do this from the employee perspective (Non domino lotus admin). Everything online seemed to cater to the admin server side of things. This shows you how to resolve the enable / disable auto login for Sametime Instant Messenger

STEP #1 - Go to File --- Preferences

STEP #2 - Select Sametime section

Step #3 - then select your active server (if applicable)

STEP #4 - Once you select the active server your window should look like the example listed below. Check or uncheck (depending on what you want to do) and click apply - okay at the bottom

Hope this helps. Best regards from your friendly HR Dept.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks. I knew the option exists, but I did not remeber where ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, thanks! Mine "suddenly" stopped auto logging in and I couldn't find anything in the help documentation that showed me how to do this. Very useful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting this.

    Lotus notes is only possible to use because of people like you.

    Having the automatically login in the 'server' section makes sense to NOBODY.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes many thanks for this. having had to re-instal Notes completely, because yet another update wouldn't install, I've spent ages trying to get it back the way I want it. As for putting that option where it is - Bonkers. I asume you're all fully aware of the web site "I hatre Lotus Notes"

    ReplyDelete